Thursday, April 7, 2011

Me... Making Food?

Yes it's true, I have decided to make Channing's baby food.

For those of you that know me I'm sure this is a surprise, as I don't even cook, and when I do, I hate it. So when I decided to make Channings food we had to make it be as easy as possible for me or I knew it would probably just be a faze. Well, we went and bought a little baby cooker(steams the food and purees it all in one) Easy is always better!! It is pretty amazing, all I need to do it chop up the veggies or fruit, dump it in and let the machine do its magic! I know I am lazy... Oh well I just want to make sure I stick to it. Lately Brad and I have been really watching what we eat and trying to be as healthy as we can.. So as we started talking about Channing and what to feed him once he hit 6 months, we thought it was probably best to make his food cuz I really wonder what kind of preservatives are in those little cans of baby food for them to be able to sit on the self for so long.. Brad was also talking to one of his clients and she was telling him of an awesome book that tells you exactly what to eat at certain ages and when to introduce new things to your babe so we went and snatched it up. It is called "Superfoods for babies and children" It looks pretty good and from what I have tried, Channing really seems to like it!! I also tried a few jars of fruit(apples and pears) and veggies(carrots and sweet potatoes) and Channing hated it, he would have nothing to do with it. So I have already seen improvement! He seems to love it! I really just feel like I want to feed him the most healthy things and what better way then to make it from scratch.. As long as we are being healthy better get babe on board too! I have really enjoyed introducing solids to Channing, he makes the silliest faces and it is just fun to watch him express his little personality. He always want to feed himself, he is always grabbing for the spoon and shoving the food inside. It's messy but I think it is so cute!

Once while I was doing a photoshoot Brad fed him some carrots. Well.... I come up from being finished and there is orange everywhere, all over the counter, the dish cloth, highchair, and his sleeper is laying on the floor covered with orange. I go up stairs to see the damage and there is Channing mostly cleaned up but still a little orange on his eyebrow, his neck and on his cheeks. Brad ran to get his iphone to show me the pictures. Brad would scoop the carrots and just give Channing the spoon and it just went everywhere! It was hilarious, I wish I could post the photos but have no idea on how to get the photos from the phone. But let me tell you he had fun!!
Watching Channing grow and do new things is seriously the best... I love watching him be independant, not really in feeding himself, but hey he tries!!

3 comments:

AKutarna said...

Ha ha oh gosh those are such cute pics of him. I love that stage when they are trying new foods and homemade is definitely the way to go. Good Job Amber I'm impressed.

Unknown said...

Look at you! Good job, I agree, babies should eat healthy too and home made is the way to go!

Shannan said...

Love it, he's a mess. Boys are messy period, but it is the best way to get them to learn how to eat and they love it. Good job, looks like fun. When you come down, bring the book, I want to read it.