Tuesday, April 12, 2011

6 Months


At 6 months Channing is a healthy 17 lbs 9 oz and is 27 inches long. He ranges in the 50% aisle for weight and 90% for height!

It's hard to believe that Channing is now half a year. Honestly as soon as he turned 6 months old he started to do so much more. Like over night he learned to roll both from his front to his back and then his back to his front. He is now rolling everywhere. I just wish I had more carpet on the main floor because he tends to bonk his head when I'm not watching him. He is wearing 6-9 month clothes and continues to wear 12 month sleepers. He is also eating solids constantly and his favorite is avocado and pears.

He will just eat those up. He usually is pretty good at taking cereal but I don't think he cares to much for it. He continues to breast feed as well and I just love these moments. He is so cute, he is always reaching his little hands up and putting them in his mouth as he feeds, I think it comforts him!
He is sitting up on his own but still tends to be top heavy so topples over after awhile. He loves making lots of sounds and is always gabbing away usually saying "dadadada" or" yeeeeyeee"

Brad thinks that he is saying Dada but I'm not counting that as a word. He loves his puppy. He is always trying to grab for Skeeter's toy and is always giggling when she is running around the house playing fetch. I am so glad Skeeter is so good with him. She tend to try to lick his face right after he eats but other then that leaves him alone. She does like to lay by him allot and I think it's so cute.

Channing loves when I dance with him and throw him in the air. He just has a perma-grin and laughs hysterically!

His favorite thing is to be naked and chew on his toes. He will just gnaw on them forever. He loves his big toe and just sucks on it until it's all pruned up. He is so aware of everything that goes on around him. He loves when Daddy comes home from work. He will just start jumping up and down and smile!

I really need to get him on a sleeping schedule, it is just all over the place. He does really good during the day, usually going down 3-4 times and napping for 1-2 hrs. It's the nights that are crazy. I will put him down usually at 10:30 and he will sleep until 2:00, I will go in and give him his soother, then he will wake up again sometimes at 4:00 but usually at around 6:00, I'll feed him, and then he will sleep until 8 or 9 and then feed and sleep again until 10-10:30. It just everywhere and I wish I could just get 6 hours. I need to crack down on just letting him cry himself to sleep but I feel bad. I know he can do it but then it wakes Brad up and he has to get up early so it's just easier to give him his soother. I am going to crack down on this this month!

Channing loves his grandparents and just anyone that loves to play with him. His grandparents just love him to death and love visiting and playing with him. We just love when they love him just as much as we do.

Channing is such a happy baby. As long as he is fed and not tired he is just all smiles. He loves when you make funny noises and sounds. He giggles when his toes are chewed on and is super ticklish, pretty much everywhere! He loves going outside and being in the fresh air(finally we are getting out of the house with this good weather) He is so good in his car seat, but is honestly growing out of it. As soon as he is in, he usually falls asleep or just plays with his hanging toys.

I love this age as he is just learning so much, from picking up toys( or anything within reach) and sticking it in his mouth to sitting and rolling and just being his happy little self. We love our little Channing so much and are so happy he is ours. I could just cuddle him all day long. He is just growing way too fast. Please slow down...

2 comments:

AKutarna said...

6 months already! He's so cute. As I was reading this, Natalie was standing by me pointing to Channing and saying, "aww cute baby, cute baby." They're destined to be together...even if she is an older woman haha.

Unknown said...

haha I love Alex's comment. So sad that they have to grow up so fast! I can't wait to play with him this weekend though!