After Christmas Brad, his parents, and I headed off to Kauai. What a beautiful place! Completely how I pictured Hawaii, Beautiful beaches, so much greenery, quite and calm, and yummy pineapple! When we first got to Kauai we booked into our room and pretty much went straight to sleep. The next day we did alot of exploring. We saw tunnels, 3 gorgeous beaches, and alot of chickens. Oh did I mention I sat right behind Meg Ryan for dinner! That was pretty cool. Brad's Mom, Leanne, says to me " Don't look now, but why do I know that person?" Well of course I turned right away and there was Meg Ryan sitting with her family having dinner. I wanted to get a picture but nobody would let me. Hey she chose this life didn't she!! Oh well I guess they talked me out of disrupting their dinner. Life goes on! So the next days were spent at beaches, many different restaurants, shopping, suntanning by the pool, and a few adventures. We did go on a pretty fun kayak/hiking trip to a waterfall. It was an hour kayak there and back and another hour hike there and back. I thought it was worth it to see the 121 foot waterfall, Brad may beg to differ as I found myself rowing most of the way back. We also got to go on a helicopter ride. Let me just say AMAZING!! If you ever get the chance do it for sure!!! It was probably one of he highlights for me. I probably would have been better if I had taken my good camera!! DUH what was I thinking. Oh well, I guess Brad will just have to take me back!
We spent a week in Kauai and then headed for Oahu, Waikiki. The first night I just wanted to go shopping and walk down the strip. It is completely different from Kauai, not how I had pictured at all. It was alot more touristy and the beaches where we stayed were pretty dirty. It had more of a night life atmosphere, which was still great.
We stayed at the Marriott right on the beach, but found ourselves by the pool more often. We of course went and checked out the Polynesian Culture Center and the Temple.
The temple was beautiful, the grounds were just landscaped so amazing. I wish we could have gone in but it was under renovation. The North shore was much better than the south shore. We saw turtles and whales as we were at the beaches. The turtles were huge and seriously so close. We wanted to go snorkeling with them but the waves were just way to crazy.
We also got to go to a luau. The food was quite interesting but hey I tried it and experienced it right? Most of the week in Oahu was spent trying to get dark laying by the pool for hours and eating way too much. It was such a blast and I would for sure recommend going to Kauai. I really want to go back and take some better pictures, this camera doesn't do justice. On our way home we had an overnight flight and I just couldn't wait to jump into my bed the next day and go to sleep well that didn't happen, as we came home to this!!!
1 comment:
Wow Amby, it totally brought back memories of Kawaii. I love that place. It is so true that pictures don't do justice, it is so much more beautiful. Your poor house, you guys are troopers and next time you leave just turn off the water- you never know. You may have wet bandits. Ha
Post a Comment