Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas Time

Merry Christmas( VERY LATE)

So I thought I should back track and catch up on my blogging. I am really horrible at keeping up to date! Well, Let's start out with Christmas Time! So it started out with Stacy and her family coming out to visit Brad and I for a week here in Airdrie. It was so fun to have my sister around so we could bake, shop and just laugh. I really wish my family lived closer so we could experience more together. It was also nice because of course at the end of the year is my busy season for housecleaning so Josh and Stacy helped out most of the week. Well Josh did mostly. Thanks again for your great help. Shan and Josh also were able to come up to visit us before we all headed down to Raymond. Brad and I only got to spend 3 days in Raymond for Christmas as we left for Hawaii on the 27th ( I know poor us)! So onto Christmas, well we did all the traditional things: Acted out the pageant, opened up the pj's from the "ELVES", left cookies and notes out for Santa,played games and ate ALOT!!




Christmas morning came and all the adults were up first so we ended up having to wake all the kids. They were so excited and fascinated that Santa Clause actually came! I must say Christmas sure is a lot more fun with kids. My nieces and nephews are growing up to fast, I just love the great and innocent spirits they are and the fun they bring to this time of year. It is always fun to watch them get so fascinated in all the festivities. I just can't wait until the day that I can watch my own children grow up and enjoy the Christmas time.


On Christmas Eve we all went shopping, I had a cart full of kids, all four of them! Anyways, I told the girls they could pick anything out for Skeeter, because of course I had to spoil her (she is my baby!) Guess what they picked out?? Yup this cute little dress. Oh how Skeeter hated it, but the girls would not let me take it off. Poor dog!

We even got out to get a few family pictures in -25 degree weather(posted below) and the kids were such good sports. We also got to talk to Mike on Christmas Morning, who is on a mission in Rosevile, California. He is doing so awesome and I loved talking to him and hearing about his great experiences and change of heart. We missed him a lot this Christmas but know that he made a great decision by going. We love you Mike and pray for you everyday!

My family is so awesome and look forward to these family times all year long. Love you all and until next time!

1 comment:

Josh said...

OH GOOD TIMES. I WISH THEY DIDN'T GO BY SO DANG FAST. wAITING FOR HAWAII PICS. COME ON YOU SLACKER- YA RIGHT, YOU ARE ONE BUSY CHICK.