Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stupid Dishwasher


All of you LG dishwasher users beware of this!!! So as we walk into the door from our trip guess what we hear? Yes spraying water, not just a little, it was gushing!! We both run in screaming "NO NO NO NOT AGAIN" If you don't know, we experienced a flood 2 years ago in our apartment while we were gone to Jamaica. Anyways, so we are running around not knowing where the water is coming from. There is water all over the main floor! We head downstairs and the staircase has a little stream going all the way down.

Once we reached the basement, I just about lost it. Everything was soaked! The heating vents were sagging with water leaking out of them, the walls were dripping from water damage and everything looked destroyed. Well Brad is freakin out, the most I have ever seen him, he even through a chair across the room. I think we were both in shock that this was actually happening again. Well I run to try to save all the photography props and light and equipment that I can and start hauling it upstairs. But honestly it was hard to know where to even start. Brad turns the water off and starts looking for the problem. Well yes you guessed it. Our dishwasher was the cause of this big mess. One of the valves under and inside of the dishwasher busted. It isn't even an old dishwasher maybe 4 months and it was not even going it just decided to break while we were gone. How nice. So now we get to deal with the insurance company!!! Actually they aren't doing to bad. They are covering everything which is so nice. But in the meantime this is where I get to live.



And this is what has become of my studio.

So now I have my escape completely full and do house calls instead. I guess I feel pretty blessed that I can still do it though. I just can't wait to get my life and home back!

1 comment:

R&A said...

I can't believe your luck with your water in your place, wow Amber I am so sorry that happened to you. How ironic. I really hope things get put back together smoothly and quickly for ya, I know what it's like to live in a house that feels torn apart. Well, I guess the upside is you had a great time in Hawaii! I wished you lived closer, have you guys over just to get away from the chaos.