Friday, May 3, 2013

Blakely's Arrival

Ok it's only been like a year and a half since I've written up on my blog but I am making it a goal to be better and keep more of a journal on here since I don't write one on my own. I had to write all this down before I forget all the details!!

So it all started on Wednesday, April 24, I was at the Science Centre with Channing all day and on the way home I felt the first contraction. We made it home and I had probably 3-4 contractions on the drive home. The rest of the night I was timing them and they stayed about 30 seconds every 15-20 minutes apart. I called my Mom just to give her an update but told her not to get to excited as they weren't getting any stronger. She told me to continue to keep her updated. Nothing changed so I decided to go to sleep. NOTHING..... I woke up the next morning at 6:30 am to a knock on the door. It was my Mom, she was so excited and didn't want to miss the birth so she drove through the night. Unfortunately for her she missed her last day of school for nothing. The next few days there was nothing, absolutely nothing. I couldn't believe it... Every thought from then on was, "when is this baby coming." I was miserable, uncomfortable but full of adrenaline, I wanted this baby out and I was ready.


Sunday came and I went to church and then came home and continued on with the day. At around 4:30 PM I felt my first contraction. They were lasting about 30-40 seconds and every 10-15 minutes. I continued to time them and they seemed to get closer but no longer in length. So I decided to take Channing to the park to see if walking would help. We got home around 9:30 from the park and contractions were now about 5-7 mins apart but still only about 30 seconds. At 11:00 I was talking to Shannan on the phone when the contractions were getting a little longer, 45 sec-1 minute long. This went on for about an hour and I decided it was probably time to get to the hospital. We got to the hospital at about 12:30 am. It was crazy busy so they had to check my vitals in a chair in there office and then I had to wait in the waiting room for just over an hour. I finally got into triage and they checked my out and gave me an IV for the GBS. I was at 4 cm and they said they would be admitting me to delivery right away. I got into delivery at 2:20am they checked me again and I was at 5 cm. They asked if I wanted them to brake my water to get things going. I said ,"yes please!!" They broke my water and I dilated to 7 cm. Contractions were intense now!! They said they would check me again in an hour or two... I went through one more contraction and I needed to push. They said they would check me again if I could get though this contraction. I was at 9cm. The next contraction was unbearable if I had to do one more without being able to push I thought I would have to get some pain relief. I got though it and they told me I was ready!! I laid on my side and 3 pushes later  on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Blakely Anne Holt was born into the world. I couldn't believe she was here and so fast, only 15 minutes of active labour and pushing. What a difference from my horrible delivery with Channing. I was in shock, I was shaking as Blakely was placed onto my chest. She was here and was beautiful.


She has a full set of dark brown hair and a skinny little body with long legs, fingers and toes. Pure perfection. She looked so much smaller then Channing as she cuddled up to me. The doctor said she had to of been around 7-8 pounds but no more then 8. She weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. We were all shocked. My doctor, Doc Yuu, and nurse were amazing and just let me bond with her for half an hour. It was such an amazing experience.


After about an hour I was brought to postpartum. I did not sleep at all that night I just loved on baby!



Later that day Grandma brought Channing to visit baby sister. It was adorable to watch him with her. He liked to give her kisses and look at her. He held her for about 10 seconds and had enough of that. He is so gentle and sweet with her. I am so happy that he is so good with her(so far).  I had to stay at the hospital for 24 hours so that day we just hung out in bed and tried to sleep a bit. I had a shared room that night and I felt so bad for the lady beside me, her baby cried all night. Thank goodness Blakely slept well. On Tuesday at 10:30 I was discharged and came home.



 My Mom will be here for 2 weeks which is so nice to have someone have 100% attention of Channing. Being home is nice and I am recovering really well. I feel great! Blakely is eating ALLOT, sleeping pretty good, and is just a content little Miss. She has been pooping and throwing up a ton though, something Channing never did. So I have to learn to always have a burp cloth beside me or I will get it!  Other then that we are adapting well and enjoying every minute with our new and growing family.

Hopefully I will keep this writing up as I love to look back and remember the special times.










2 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful :) Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Awe so glad she's here!!! Your story gave me goose bumps reading it! I'm so glad everything went so much better for you this time! She looks like such an angel!!