Thursday, May 9, 2013

First week with 2!

It's been a really good experience this time around as I feel so blessed to have my Mom around helping with everything, from hanging out with Channing non stop, doing the laundry, cleaning, dishes, etc.. she has been amazing!!! It truly helps when you have that extra set of hands. She left yesterday so today was my first day on my own. Of course Brad is around most the time so I have it pretty lucky, but he was gone all day and you know it wasn't too bad. All I can say is thank goodness it's nice outside so Channing has stuff to do all day. 

Well, Blakely is now 10 days old and it is really hard to believe, time is already just flying by. We have been having fun with her and I feel like I have been able to do allot more during this recovery then with my last.  About a week ago, Brad decided to clean up the yard and build Channing a sandbox.






Channing of course had to help!Best idea ever!! He has been in it non stop for seriously the last 5 days. He loves just digging, throwing and burying stuff. It is nice to watch him enjoy something so much and that I can just sit and relax and not beat myself up for not doing something fun with him and thinking of creative ideas! He is in heaven. 
The weather has been so nice and we have been able to enjoy are backyard allot. We have had fires to roast marshmallows, relaxing, hottubing, and running through the sprinkler(Channing has anyways). I am so glad baby brought the nice weather with her, it would suck to be stuck inside with everything new going on around here. 


 On Sunday Brad had a fun idea to throw Blakely a 0 years birthday party. He says,"Our culture doesn't have enough parties or celebrations so I am planning a party!" It ended up being really nice. To show off baby to all our family and just visit and enjoy family time. I think I will be keeping up with these parties! We love to throw parties and have people over to host. I think we are really outgrowing our house though thats for sure.

 There were lots of snuggles given to Blakely and lots of fun in the backyard. Channing got a new bike from Brad's parent and all the kids had a blast eating, playing bubbles, water fights, and playing in the sand. We even had cake with no candles to be official! Such a fun night with family. Wish we all got together more often and wish my family could live closer to come to these fun events!!

Channing just loves his cousin Alysse, she is amazing with him and plays with him nonstop. I love to watch them together.

Having two children has been pretty good, of course I have only been on my own for a day now but I hope it continues to be this good. I love watching Channing adore his baby sister. He is always waking up and asking for baby sister. He loves to give her kisses and will hold her at least once a day. He has been really good when I am feeding or changing baby and is a big help for getting diapers and always tries to calm her with his baby song, which goes something like this;" Baby, do da dedo Baby!" It's so sweet. I love this age gap as he is getting so independent and helpful! We have also started potty training and he is on his fourth day. The first 2 days went well only one pee accident per day, day 3 he had 2 pee accidents and today, day 4, no accidents at all. He's enjoying all the treats I am sure. I just hope he keeps it up.

Blakely had her first weigh in after we left the hospital on day 3 and she lost 9 oz so she weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. On day 6 she weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz so she is getting lots to eat even though she seems to spit up  and poop up everything.  Her spitting up is really different from what I am used to. I have to make sure that I have a burp cloth ready or I will get it. I comes out in 4's just crazy, but I am getting better at being prepared. She also got her tongue tie clipped on day 6. It wasn't near as bad as Channing's but there was still a little issue with her being able to get her tongue out of her mouth. Im glad I got it done while she was still so young as it makes a world of a difference with her latching. She sleeps pretty much all day  with a few hours awake time. During the night she does quite well too, she usually wakes about 2 times. about 4 hrs in between.  I am producing so much milk that I am having to pump once in awhile to relieve myself cuz she just won't eat enough.

Recovery has been going pretty good. Of course I am sore and it takes a lot for me to get up and move around but everyday gets better. It is so much different then with Channing. I have been able to do a lot more a lot faster, thank goodness. I think the hardest thing is relaxing and not trying to do too much. I have a problem with just sitting and doing nothing so it's quite difficult for me to just let others cater to me and just sit. I hope this only last for a bit longer as I just want to get out and enjoy the sun with my kids.



I feel so blessed with both my children. They are truly little miracles and blessings in my life. I often reflect back on my life before I had them and honestly sometimes I wonder how I lived without them. I know I felt that way once I got married about how lucky I was to have such an amazing husband and it just keeps getting better. Channing and Blakely really are the light of my life and I would do anything for them. Just that simple smile or laugh can brighten my day. I love to watch just the simple things that amuse these sweet spirits. If only I could have such simple things bring joy to me like a simple thing does to a child. I look forward to watching Blakely grow into the little girl that she will become and I know I will enjoy all the special moments.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for blog posts!!! Ok Amber I am in LOVE I need to come see her. She is an angel! Like holy beautiful baby!!! So glad things are going good and having two kids isn't too overwhelming!