Sunday, May 29, 2011

Way too long...

I know, I know it's been forever. I have had a very busy last 3 weeks. It has been filled with traveling, visiting family, relaxing, and working. Three weeks ago I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Little One Workshop hosted by Katie from Peekaboo Photos and Skye Johanson. These 2 ladies are so talented at what they do. They have create such amazing art with there little subjects, so when I saw they were having a workshop, I jumped at the chance. So My mom, Channing and I headed to Utah. On the way there, about 15 minutes north of Idaho Falls, we hit an Elk! I was in the back playing and entertaining Channing when all the sudden I feel a bit hult, a rather large hit, I kinda flew forward but nothing to harm me. Channing started screaming as I think the toy hit him in the face as we hit. All we could see is white, as the hood of the car flew up. I didn't know where we were so I just screamed to my mom to turn off the car. We got out and we were in the middle of the road. The front was smashed up and we didn't know what to do. As we were examining the engine, a few ladies stopped, they helped up push the car over to the side. We waited for the sheriff and got the car towed. The ladies that stopped were so helpful and offered us there house as we were kinda in the middle of no where. It's amazing as you meet people of the same faith as you have an immediate connection with them. We accepted the invite and were on our way again in the morning in a rental. We made it to Utah and got to spend some time with Shannan. We stayed there for a week and helped Shannan watch her nieces and nephews in her sister in laws beautiful home. The day of the workshop was awesome. We started off at Katies house and spent about 4 hours there going over lighting, poses(she had a few models come in that we could practise on), displaying photos, and just asking questions. Katie has my dream studio, it is just massive with tons of pictures all over the ways that displays her work. ONE DAY!!! We had a light lunch and then headed over to Skyes house to see her in action. She had quite the studio as well. It was amazing to see these women work. They made it look so easy and I was able to learn quite a few tricks that I would have never thought of. We than went over to a restaurant to go over editing and learn about the business side of photography. It was a long 13 hour day but I feel that it was well worth it.

I was on a photo high that day!

It was so fun to hang out with Shannan and Mom for that week. We did allot of shopping, eating( Cafe Rio 2 times, my favorite), photo shoots, and just lots of good talks. It is so good to be with family and I really just wish we lived closer. We are just blessed that we are able to visit. Shannan took me around to a bunch of boutiques so I loaded up on new outfits and props for photography. I swear Utah just has the best stuff and such good ideas.

We got a few pictures of the cousins!


Enjoying a bath together


Little overall cuties!
Shannan bought my old camera from me so I got her to grab some of me, cuz I am never in front of the camera. I love my little boy.

Love you Shannan and thanks so much for having us and let us stay with you. It was such a blast. Now it's your turn to come visit us!!

No comments: