Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The last 2 months!!

WOW, where to even begin! It has been a very crazy 2 months for me. First of all Channing is doing so good. He is such a great little baby. Sleeping and eating so well. He is only getting up once through the night at 2:30 and then stays sleeping usually until about 7 or 8. I feel very lucky that way. I don't know how some moms do it getting up more than that. I feel sleep deprived but know I am pretty lucky! Channing is growing so fast, he doesn't look anything like a little 2 month old, more like a 3 or 4 month old if you ask me. At his one month check up he weighed in at 11 lbs and was 22 inches and 3/4.
He's gonna be a big boy like his Daddy!

It has been so wonderful to have this little guy in our lives. Honestly I could just hold him and cuddle him all day long, sometimes I find my self doing that and the day is gone.
Only to treasure these moments...

Channing is really starting to smile now and he has just the sweetest smile ever. He loves to be naked but at the same time has to be swaddled and held tight to go to sleep. He's kinda spoiled, I really need to do some tough love with this little guy or I think I will be rocking him to bed until he's 2 or 3. He pretty much has a pretty good schedule, waking up at around 9:00 and then eating, has a bit of wake time and then goes to sleep for a good 3 hours and then repeated a few more times through out the day. My favorite thing right now at this stage is certainly getting him to smile, it just melts my heart. He is truly a gift from God! He is just a strong and healthy little guy and I couldn't ask for more.

On the other hand I have kind of been going through a bit of a rough patch. Just after things started to feel normal again after giving birth, I was struck with a gall bladder attack that kept me in the hospital for a good week. It was back on Wednesday, Nov 10 when I first started to feel the pain. It was around 7:00 at night and Brad was at work so I was alone with Channing. I started to feel sharp pains under my right shoulder blade, I had experienced these pain before but just thought they were after pains. I laid down and tried to relax and take deep breathes. The pain started to move through my body into my abdomen and into my chest. I actually thought I was dying from a heart attack! I called Brad and told him what was happening. I was faint and dizzy and lying down just made it worse. Brad told me to drive to the urgent care here in Airdrie, if I felt that I could. I prayed that I would make it, as I had Channing and needed to buckle him up and take care of him. I was so weak and out of it but somehow made it there. As I got there Channing was screaming but I was in so much pain I couldn't find it in myself to bend over and pick him up. I could hardly talk to the nurses and they were asking me so many questions. I was stressing out cuz Channing was screaming and thank fully a nice lady came over from the lobby and said she would help me if it was OK with me. I was so thankful for her that day, she has no idea how much she really helped me. They got me to the back and hooked me up to an IV and told me I was experiencing a gall bladder attack. They couldn't really do anything for me but give me some pain meds, T3's, and wait for it to subside. I was the worst feeling I had ever had to go through, no lie but worse then labour. Maybe I say that because I knew I was going to get a baby out of the labour pains but with this there was nothing but suffering. After about 4 hours the pain subsided and they sent me home. They told me if it were to happen again to go to emergency. So we went home and the next few days I experienced a bit of shoulder back pain but nothing major. Sunday morning at 5:00 AM I woke to the same attack, but much more intense. Brad drove me to the hospital and I again was hooked up to an IV and told the same thing, another gall bladder attack. Well I had had it, I was not willing to go through this again so they took some x-rays and ultrasounds and told me I had gall bladder pancreitas, where gallstones were being caught in the tubes and blocking the gall bladder and pancreas. They said it was very important that we remove the gall bladder, as it was filled with more gallstones, so this pain would not return. Monday morning they came in and took me in for an endoscopic ultrasound, where they put a tube with a camera at the end of it down my throat and get a better picture as to what is happening with the gall bladder. I had a sore throat for the next few days. I had Channing stay with me in the hospital but was slowly losing milk because I was hooked up at an IV the whole time and they starved me everyday so they could do all there tests. Kim, Brad's sister came to help me on Monday with Channing and it was such a blessing to have her there. Tuesday they told me I was on call to have surgery to remove the gall bladder. I needed someone there everyday just in case they called me in for surgery, to take care of Channing. Kevyn came in that day and again no surgery. Brad stayed with me on Wednesday.. NOTHING.. and Then Thursday Donella came in and the surgery finally happened. Thanks to all that came and helped out with such short noticed, it really meant allot to us. I was so scared going into surgery, I had never had anything like this happen before. The anesthetic is what scared me the most, I kinda thought I wouldn't wake back up. But I'm still here and it all went well. All I remember is them putting an oxygen mask over my mouth and me saying I can't breathe, at that moment I thought I was dead, then I was out and woke up in the recovery room. I was pretty sore and starving but eating was the last thing I really wanted to do. They took me back up to my room and now I just had to wait until they let me go home. I went home on Saturday and thanks to Shannan she had the house nice and clean I was just happy to be home. It was quite the dramatic experience for me and am so glad it is over with. Now I just have to wait until I recover from this. Sometimes I wonder, Will I ever be back to normal?? I hope this is the end of it.

On another note, Shannan and her 2 little babies came up for a visit for the last 3 weeks. The first week she was stuck at my house, we were gonna hang out that whole week , but I was in the hospital. Once I came home though she was here for me to take care of me. She was so awesome.. I know that it was probably not the way she wanted to spend here trip to Canada, but I was kinda glad it happened when it did. She really stepped it up and helped me with everything even though she had her little ones to watch over. She was making dinner, doing laundry, cleaning the house, holding Channing, doing pretty much anything and everything that she could. She was a blessing to have around and I enjoyed her company so much. I wish so much that she lived closer so we could just get together whenever we wanted to and just hang out. She is such a great sister and am so thankful for her service that she gave to me and my family these past couple weeks. We also got to do a little photo shoot with her kids, she did most of them as I was pretty sore, she got some dang cute ones, even if James was all over the place.. She even got the first ever family picture with our newest addition.

Thanks again Shannan for all your love and support at this time.

BEST COUSINS(only 2 months apart)

So with life being a bit crazy from me recovering, starting a new business( and something always going wrong), having a new baby, and trying to get all my photo shoots done, I can honestly say I am so thankful for family and friends who are there for you whenever you need them, I just hope I can be that someone that can be there for another like those who have helped us out so much. I feel so blessed to have our first little baby and so thankful that he is so strong and healthy, that is all I ever prayed for and that is what I have. This is true happiness!! Even in rough times, I can always go back to FAMILY. They will always be there and I hope I can always be there for them.
Thanks again to all..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you had to go through all of that! Horrible. I'm glad you mad it through it all. That's what family and prayers are good for! I'm glad you guys are doing good! Can't wait to see you today.

AKutarna said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that Amber, and I'm glad that everything worked out for you guys. Good timing on having Shannan there to help you with everything. Look how grown up Channing is in those pictures, he is so so so cute!