Friday, May 7, 2010

The Anticipation is Killing Me!

Seriously it seems like I have been waiting to find out what I am having FOREVER! Well the day is finally coming soon, Tuesday, May 11. I am counting down the days. So I had my father in law do his little ring hanging on a string trick the other day to see if it was a boy or girl. He said girl. So I guess we will see if he's right! Haha, I don't know if I believe in the trick but Brad says he swears by it. Brad even said that if we get told that it is a boy, he won't believe it cuz his Dad said girl!! I guess we will see. So what do all of you think we will have?? I'm really wanting a girl but kinda think it's a boy, which of course we would be excited about as well. I guess I will just have to wait a few more days!

So I am growing at a rapid speed. I swear every week I look bigger and bigger. I still feel that I am at the point where I just look fat instead of pregnant so it hard to feel comfortable in my own clothes. I have been feeling a lot better now too, which really helps with getting my work down and not complaining 24/7. I don't have much energy so I really don't feel like myself, for those of you that really know me, I used to always try to occupy my time with something, but now I just love laying down and relaxing. Kinda bad cuz I feel my self getting bigger by the minute. I just need to push myself to get out there and at least go for a walk or something. Oh well I just need to remind myself my hormones are going crazy. I had my first migrane and oh my goodness, I do not know how people stand them. It was terrible, I honestly had it for a day and a half and it would not go away. I thought my head was going to explode!
Here are a few pics of my progress, starting at week 15.

weeek 16(look how much I grew in just a week)

week 17

As all these things are happening, body changing, losing energy, and having different kinds of pain I know it is all worth it. I find myself watching children everywhere I go and just imagine that in a few months I'm gonna have a little one. We feel so blessed and know that this is all because of the Lord. We can't wait to hold our own little baby in our arms and take her/he home and raise it ourselves. To be able to go through all the long nights, diapers, crying, and all that other self you hear people complaining about. But most of all I look forward to calling it ours!! OUR OWN little baby! It is all starting to feel real to me now. We are so blessed and I just can't wait to be a Mommy and see Brad as a Daddy. I love this baby already.

7 comments:

AKutarna said...

my guess is boy, but i always think its a boy. either way it will be the cutest and most perfect baby...and to be honest you aren't that big haha you look great. pretty sure i'm dying of antisipation to find out what it is too!!!

R&A said...

I hope it's a boy because then Tristan and him can be buddy's!! Amber I am so excited for you guys, seriously estatic!! The day is going to come so quick when the little babe is in your arms, and then it's going to be a month old!! Time flies! YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! Love the pictures, take tons of them because once the time is past it's gone!

Love ya girl and I am happy to hear your feeling better. Take all the rest you can get though, sleep in an extra hour a day. I am like you and I can't just do nothing!

Unknown said...

Yay Prego pics!! haha my guess is that it's a girl. Then Natalie and urs can be girl friends! Either way they will be friends, BUT, girls are way better ha.
Good luck in the rest of your pregnancy!! We're so excited for you.

Amy said...

You look so good!!!

Pros of a boy: he can play with my boys!
Pros of a girl: she could still play with the boys and I could buy cute girl stuff!!

The Harkers said...

Hey Amber,
I totally blog stalked you haha..but I am so excited for you guys! Congrats!! You are So dang pretty and look so cute pregnant...I totally understand if you are saying you feel huge, but you seriously are so tiny haha....but you look beautiful and congrats!
(I say boy.....they are super fun....)

~*kElLy*~ said...

We find out the gender of our baby on the 11th (tomorrow) too!! I think we're having a boy too, Dan thinks it's a girl. You look so much smaller than me Amber! Not fair. People don't believe me when I tell them my due date haha!
Congrats again! Either gender, you will still be great parents :)

Shannan said...

Ahh, you are so cute prego!! I am dying right now, because I do not have my phone on me and I just listened to your message saying you know what you are having. Ahh, Josh needs to hurry home. I think you are having a baby girl. Josh thinks a boy. We will see soon I hope.