
Ok so people say that they grow up too fast, but this fast, who knew. I swear it was just a few weeks ago that I was in the hospital with our new baby boy and now here he is 5 MONTHS OLD! He has been doing so much new things lately. Since he was 4 months old he has really started playing with toys and reaching out to touch and hold things and to bring them to his mouth(everything ends up in his mouth now!)


He has turned over only 2 times but I think they might have been accidents as it was during one of screaming incidents! He is great on his tummy but only last for about 10 minutes and then wants to be turned over on his back. He is the happiest little baby (when he has been fed and had a good sleep) he is just all smiles and is always giggling. He is pretty vocal, always giving out a happy shrill here and there. In church he is always the loudest one there. It will be so silent and reverent and then Channing has to of course make some noise letting out a big giggle or shrill! At least it is usually a cute sound not a cry! He has started teething and this is not a favorite past time. Poor little guy just cries and cries and there is no stopping it. The worst night for him was about 3 weeks ago, right before we left to Utah, he cried for almost 2 hours straight. I tried everything, rocking him, feeding him, giving him the soother, a bath, etc. Nothing was working, and of course this was at like 12:00 AM and nothing is open in Raymond at that time so we couldn't go get him anything. Finally we called my Aunt Carma and she said it might be teething so my Dad went and got some medication from her while we tried to calm him. I put my finger in his mouth so he could gnaw on it to sooth his gums. This seemed to help and then I fed him and he fell asleep. Poor little guy. It's so hard when you can't make the pain go away or know what is wrong! Since then there hasn't been a night like that but you can tell he is still hurting. He always has his hands in his mouth, drooling a ton, and always has a toy in his mouth. He has just started sucking his thumb. It is really cute but I fear for the whole weening, as you can't take it away. I say he learned it from his cousin Rachel, as she is a total thumb sucker. He also loves to suck on his toes, while on his back I will always find him grabbing at his feet and putting them in his mouth.

He is sitting up so well, still needs a little help, but is almost there I think.. He loves the bumbo chair( I still haven't got one but my friends have one and he lasts forever in it). He no longer is sleeping through the night. At 4 months he was waking up every 3 hours on the hour but lately has been doing a bit better. He goes down at around 10:30 and then wakes up at usually 3:00 and 7:00. Not too bad but oh how I wish he was giving me 9-12 hrs again!! I have tried rice cereal with him now twice but not too sure if he enjoys it or not, kinda seems like he just spits it back out. I think I am going to hold off until he is a bit older! No rush as breastfeeding is just the easiest and most convenient for me. He still has bright red hair(culdesac like, bald on top and lots on the bottom in the back). I get him weighed on March 10. At 4 months he weighed 14 lbs 8 oz and was 26 inches long. He really is such a big guy, not really chubby but just really long. He is wearing 12 month sleepers and is in 3-6 month clothing( probably moving into 6 month clothes shortly) Channing has been such a fun baby and I am so happy that he is a happy baby!

My favorite thing at this age is his smiles, every time I come in the room or when he hears my voice. He really knows his Mom and it really melts my heart! Nothing is sweeter than knowing your little guy loves you. Channing has been just such a blessing in our lives. We just love our little guy and he bring such joy to our home. When I'm having a bad day, I just look at that cute little face and it makes me so happy. I love being a Mom, it is honestly just the best. Sure you lose sleep but it is so worth it. Just to play with your little guy and make him laugh and just watch him grow.
I am just so in love with my man!
4 comments:
Such a cut post Amber. he is growing so fast! We NEED to hang out soon so I can see him and you!
you need to put pics of Channing up more often! He is too cute.
WHat a stud muffin. I already miss him a ton. When Rachel sucks her thumb it is so dang cute, that is so funny that he picked it up after you left Utah. Oh I love you and that little man. Time flies faster and faster. Soon you will look at him and he will be 2 years old.
What a cutie pie, I can't wait to give him kisses and hugs!! Love you Sis
Post a Comment